Non-Emergency Medical Transport
PVTA provides non-emergency medical transportation service to facilities throughout our 5-county operating area (Grant, Hampshire, Hardy, Mineral and Pendleton Counties). PVTA also serves Elkins, Morgantown and facilities located in Maryland and Virginia.
This service is designed to provide transportation to your doctor’s office, hospital, dentist and other kinds of medical facilities.
Everyone is eligible to use this service regardless of age, income or disability.
How To Schedule A Ride
- Please try to schedule your appointment between the hours of 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
- Please contact PVTA as soon as your appointment is made. Our goal is to meet the transportation needs of everyone in our communities, and you can help us by scheduling your trip as far in advance as possible.
- If you are Medicaid certified, PVTA will bill Medicaid directly. PVTA charges a reasonable service fee for all other riders. When you call to schedule your trip, please ask your PVTA representative about the cost of the trip.
- Once your trip is scheduled, your PVTA vehicle will arrive at your home to begin your trip. All PVTA vehicles are wheelchair accessible and operated by trained, courteous professional drivers.
- To schedule your trip, you can contact PVTA between 5:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Call 304-257-1414 or 1-800-565-7240 to schedule your non-emergency medical trip.
STATEMENT OF NONDISCRIMINATION
The Potomac Valley Transit Authority does not discriminate against an individual on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, martial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or familial status in the provision of public transportation services.
SUGGESTIONS, COMPLAINTS OR COMPLIMENTS
We would like to hear your comments. Either call or write us:
Potomac Valley Transit Authority
185 Providence Lane
Petersburg, WV 26847